January 18, 2011

Ideas, Ideas, and more Ideas

I went to a bridal show a little while before I left for Milan. It was a little overwhelming because I was barely engaged and had not really thought about a lot of the stuff that I would need. I am getting a second chance this Saturday. There is a bridal show downtown (it is supposed to be the largest in Pittsburgh). I am going to be more prepared this time. I saw this girl entering in the drawings for free invites, photographers, and other goodies with her name and address printed on labels. It was such a good idea that I am using that idea on Saturday.

http://www.brideshow.com/

It is so easy to get sucked into all of the wedding plans. By going to the last wedding show I got a free subscription of Brides magazine. Once I started thinking straight after all that jet lag I started perusing through these magazines. The problem with wedding planning is that most people have great ideas. A great inspiration website is http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/.

First order of business... finalizing ideas. I am loving the idea of art ties. I saw it in a girls wedding. The groomsmen all had different blue Van Gogh ties. I love the idea of blue/purple flowers and blue bridesmaid dresses. Right now I have so many thoughts it is just a little mind numbing. I need to start narrowing down some ideas.

Just bought a binder and page dividers to help keep my thoughts in order. This morning I tacked all of the pictures up that I tore out of the bridal magazine for my inspirational board. I'll take a picture tomorrow to post on here. Other than that I am looking at bridesmaid dresses online and still sorting out my thoughts and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment