February 23, 2011

Flowers and More Flower and Bridesmaid Dresses

I am finally feeling like I am making so decisions. On Monday, my mom, sister and I went to Hearts & Flowers Floral on Rt. 8. We met with the owner and she was very nice. She had us look through a book and get inspiration from other weddings. The problem I have been having is that I have no idea what I am doing for the flowers. The only thing that I wanted was Hydrangeas. After about an hour and a half we were finally on the same page. She went down a list of the bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, and grandparent flowers. She also talked about the ceremony and reception. It was very interesting and helped me formulate some ideas.We left there just as it was starting to snow.

From there we headed to Babette's in Bridgeville. There is about a trillion dresses there. It was wall to wall racks of dresses. It was so exciting seeing all the different dresses. Monica was a great sport and tried on about two dozen dresses and we found four styles that would work perfectly.


Tonight I went to Z Floral and absolutely fell in love with their vision. I need to make some phone calls and get back to them. We talked about large floral pieces in between tables, small cluster vases, and cupcake stands on the tables full of flowers.

I am going to talk to Bella Christie's and Vanilla for cake and cupcakes. Then I am going to talk to Medures for the catering. Things are finally getting done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment